Adapter Q for K-Mount Lenses
The Adapter Q for K-mount lenses allows the use of PENTAX K-mount lenses on the PENTAX Q Series cameras. Extra-powerful super-telephoto shooting is obtainable with the 5.5X focal length multipler achieved with K-mount lenses on the Q camera body.
Adding compatibility with a full range* of K-mount lenses opens up new photographic possibilities.
- Extra-powerful super-telephoto shooting is obtainable with the 5.5X focal length multipler achieved with K-mount lenses on the Q camera body. For example, the PENTAX DA* 300mm F4 ED[IF] SDM telephoto lens can be used as a 1650mm super-telephoto lens (35mm equivalent).
- A total of 215 lenses* can be used on the PENTAX Q series, ** ranging from fish-eye lenses and uni-focal wide-angle lenses to telephoto zoom lenses, opening up new photographic possibilities.
* As of June 15, 2012**Only manual focusing is available with K-mount lenses.
- A mechanical shutter has been incorporated in this adapter to prevent “rolling shutter distortion” — a problem that results in distorted images of the subject, due to the photographing of fast-moving subjects and the reading of the image line by line from top to bottom.
- Manual aperture control possible
- Camera shake is automatically compensated for any lens, simply by inputting the focal length of the mounted lens to the PENTAX Q series camera
- Shutter speeds of 1/1000th second to 30 seconds