AF540FGZ II Flash
With a guide number of 54 at ISO 100/m, the AF540FGZ II offers a variety of advanced flash applications, including P-TTL auto flash, high-speed synchronization and wireless P-TTL auto flash. It’s equipped with the PENTAX-original weather sealed construction and an LED light for a constant ambient source for shooting movies and long exposure stills. Enjoy vertical and horizontal bounce flash, and fast battery recycle time of approx. 5 seconds.
- With 28 dependable weather seals, its All Weather construction allows for worry-free use in demanding outdoor settings that include rain, fog and dust.
- A high-intensity fixed LED light creates a constant ambient source, ideal for close-distance video recording, as well as long exposure photography. It also functions as a catch light for portraiture and as an autofocus assist light in the dark.
- P-TTL mode with pre-flash allows for more accurate strobe photography.
- Never miss the moment with exceptionally fast battery recharge time of 5 seconds.
- High speed on-camera and high-speed wireless flash is available in P-TTL modes.
- Its luminous LCD display shows the effective range of the flash.
- Built-in wide-angle panel that slides out to cover 20mm angle of view (in the 35mm format).
- Guide Number 54 at ISO 100/m for increased range and versatile flash performance.
- Bounce Flash Function is adjustable to angles of -10 to 90 degrees vertically and up to 180 degrees horizontally.
- With user-friendly function settings, customize and control flash operations with as many as nine pre-settings, including the on/off of the catch-light function.
- Flash exposure compensation through a simple control dial.
- Power-zoom flash to cover angles of view from 24mm to 85mm lenses (in the 35mm format).
- Multi flash emission function available.
|Type||Clip-on, P-TTL auto zoom flash unit with series control|
|Guide Number||Maximum 54 (ISO 100/m)
In manual mode, nine-step adjustment from M1/1 to M1/256
|Flash Modes||P-TTL auto, manual, multi, wireless (P-TTL/Manual)|
|Flash Output compensation||In P-TTL Mode, -4.0 to +2.0 (1/3, ½ steps)|
|Bounce Head||Vertical and horizontal bounce possible, click stops provided, lock provided at 0°.
Rightward: 0°, 30°, 60°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°
Leftward: 0°, 30°, 60°, 90°, 135°
Upward: 0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
Downward: 0°, -10°
|Zoom Head||Auto zoom enabled with autofocus compatible camera and lens combination.|
|Flash Range||Approx. 0.8m – 8.0m (Guide No. 45, ISO100, F5.6)|
|Power Saving||Automatic power-off: After approx. 3 min. of non-operation with the power on.
After 1 hour in wireless mode.
Quick power on: By pressing the camera’s shutter release button halfway.
|Colour Temp. Balance||Daylight|
|Sync Modes||Leading Curtain Sync, Trailing Curtain Sync, Contrast Control Sync, High-speed Sync|
|LCD Panel Illumination||LCD panel illumination button illuminates the LCD panel for about 10 seconds or press the button again to turn it off.|
|Power Supply||Four AA batteries, (Alkaline (LR6), Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH), or Lithium (FR6))|
|Dimensions||76 mm (W) × 113 mm (H) × 108 mm (T) (3.0” × 4.4” × 4.2”)|
|Weight||Approx. 350 g (12.3 oz.) without batteries|