HD PENTAX-D FA 77mm F1.8 Limited
A fun-to-use lens that makes the photo-shooting process more enjoyable, by delivering a varied image rendition for a given aperture, while faithfully depicting images such as the luster of shell buttons on a white shirt.
This lens features a coating which effectively controls spherical aberration at different wavelengths to minimize color bleeding, while greatly reducing internal reflections by applying the most efficient black coating to the interior of the lens barrel. It is designed to faithfully reproduce delicate shades in white subjects, and clearly depict the brightest spot in highlight areas.
Because the lens inherits the outstanding rendition of warm colors from the smc PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited, it is an ideal lens for portraiture or snapshots of people. It also features the PENTAX-original HD coating* to produce distinctive warm colors even under adverse conditions, and a completely round-shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect from open aperture to F4.
While retaining the distinctive optical performance of the smc PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited, this lens delivers exceptional imaging power, made possible by the meticulous attention PENTAX paid even to the details that can’t be measured simply by numerical factors.
In addition, the SP (Super Protect) coating has been applied to the front optical element to improve the water/grease-repellent and scratch-resistant performance, while enhancing ease of maintenance. The extendible lens hood is built into the lens barrel to simplify light-shielding and storage operations. All these features add fun to picture-taking, and let you enjoy the entire process of photo shooting.
* HD stands for High Definition.
*Please apply the latest update of Digital Camera Utility 5 when you handle images taken by this lens on Digital Camera Utility 5. In case the software version is old, the name of this lens cannot be displayed correctly. Digital Utility 4 and below cannot display the name of this lens correctly.
Features / Specifications
- High-grade lens with superb image rendition and beautiful texture
- While inheriting the design concept of the Limited series, this lens was designed through a series of mechanical and numerical evaluations, as well as human assessment of test-shooting samples, to deliver an image rendition unmatched by other models. The barrel, hood and cap are all made of high-grade aluminum, meticulously machined for an attractive appearance and beautiful texture. It also features a mount pointer with a shippoyaki (cloisonné) finish, which lets the user effortlessly and quickly mount the lens to a camera body.
- HD coating for exceptional image rendition
- This lens is treated with PENTAX-original HD coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this high-grade coating assures higher light transmittance and lower reflectance to deliver sharp, clear images free of flare and ghost images, even under such adverse lighting conditions as backlight. It elevates the imaging performance a further step up.
* HD stands for High Definition.
- Round-shaped diaphragm for beautiful bokeh effect
- This lens features a completely round-shaped diaphragm, which produces a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect in the images captured, while optimizing the imaging performance of the distinctive Limited-series optics contained within.
- SP coating to repel dust and protect lens surface
- Applied to the front optical element, the PENTAX-developed SP (Super Protect) coating effectively repels water and grease to keep the lens surface free of dust, water and oily substances. This coating is also highly resistant to abrasion and scratches, keeping the lens scratch-free.
- Other features
- The black model is marked with serial numbers starting with 0000001, while the silver model starts with 1000001. The lens also features an aperture ring to make best use of the range of functions featured in K-mount film-format cameras.
|PENTAX-D FA 77mm F1.8 Limited|
Equivalent to 118mm in 35mm format
(when attached to PENTAX APS-C size DSLR cameras)
|Lens Construction||7 elements in 6 groups|
|Angle of View (Diagonal)||31.5°(when attached to PENTAX 35mm full-frame SLR cameras)
21°(when attached to PENTAX APS-C size DSLR cameras)
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.7m (2.3 ft.)|
|Diaphragm Control||Fully automatic|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9
Rounded diaphragm （77mm:F1.8-F4）
|Lens Cap||O-LW54A (included)|
|Lens Case||P60-120 (included)|
|Maximum Diameter x Length||approx. 64mm x 48mm (approx. 2.5in. x 1.9in.)|
|Humidity||85% or less (no condensation)|
|Included Accessories||Lens Cap O-LW54A, Lens Mount Cap K, Lens Case P60-120|
SP (Super Protect) Coating
Aperture: F1.8, Shutter speed: 1/400sec, Exposure compensation: 0EV, Focal length: 77.0mm, White balance: Auto, ISO sensitivity: 100, Finishing touch/Custom image: Portrait, Captured by PENTAX K-1 Mark II
Aperture: F2.8, Shutter speed: 1/320sec, Exposure compensation: 0EV, Focal length: 77.0mm, White balance: Auto, ISO sensitivity: 100, Finishing touch/Custom image: Portrait, Captured by PENTAX K-1 Mark II
Aperture: F1.8, Shutter speed: 1/640sec, Exposure compensation: 0EV, Focal length: 77.0mm, White balance: Auto, ISO sensitivity: 200, Finishing touch/Custom image: Portrait, Captured by PENTAX K-1 Mark II