HD PENTAX-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited
A single-focus 43mm lens that faithfully captures the depth of field as seen by the human eye, while delivering a beautiful image with rich, smooth gradation transitions and a true-to-life reproduction of depth, ambience and subject texture
This standard lens has a 43mm focal length, which is equal to the diagonal length of a 35mm-film image area. Its unique focal length captures the image as if seen by the human eye, and produces a natural sense of depth as observed by the naked eye.
Compared with conventional 50mm standard lenses, which were popular during the golden days of film photography, this 43mm lens provides a slightly broader field of view to more effectively capture today’s subjects — such as high-rise buildings, wide streets and fashionable cityscapes.
In addition to the acclaimed optical performance of the smc PENTAX-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited — a best-seller for more than 20 years since its market launch — this lens newly features the PENTAX-original HD coating* to deliver crisp, well-defined images even under demanding conditions, and a completely round-shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect.
To optimize “sensibility” — one of the main design concepts of the Limited series — PENTAX paid the utmost attention even to the details that can’t simply be measured in numerical terms, to improve the imaging power of this new lens. Newly applied to the first optical element, the SP coating improves the water/grease-repellent and scratch-resistant performance, while enhancing ease of maintenance.
To make the most of its slender lens barrel, this lens is the only model in the Limited series to feature a screw-in lens hood. Thanks to its extremely compact dimensions, it assures outstanding portability. A newly added mount pointer lets the user effortlessly and quickly mount the lens to a camera body, while accentuating the exclusive exterior appearance of the HD FA Limited series
* HD stands for High Definition.
*Please apply the latest update of Digital Camera Utility 5 when you handle images taken by this lens on Digital Camera Utility 5. In case the software version is old, the name of this lens cannot be displayed correctly. Digital Utility 4 and below cannot display the name of this lens correctly.
Features / Specifications
- High-grade lens with superb image rendition and beautiful texture
- While inheriting the design concept of the Limited series, this lens was designed through a series of mechanical and numerical evaluations, as well as human assessment of test-shooting samples, to deliver an image rendition unmatched by other models.
The barrel, hood and cap are all made of high-grade aluminum, meticulously machined for an attractive appearance and beautiful texture. It also features a mount pointer with a shippoyaki (cloisonné) finish, which lets the user effortlessly and quickly mount the lens to a camera body.
- HD coating for exceptional image rendition
- This lens is treated with PENTAX-original HD coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this high-grade coating assures higher light transmittance and lower reflectance to deliver sharp, clear images free of flare and ghost images, even under such adverse lighting conditions as backlight. It elevates the imaging performance a further step up.
* HD stands for High Definition.
- Round-shaped diaphragm for beautiful bokeh effect
- This lens features a completely round-shaped diaphragm, which produces a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect in the images captured, while optimizing the imaging performance of the distinctive Limited-series optics contained within.
- SP coating to repel dust and protect lens surface
- Applied to the front optical element, the PENTAX-developed SP (Super Protect) coating effectively repels water and grease to keep the lens surface free of dust, water and oily substances. This coating is also highly resistant to abrasion and scratches, keeping the lens scratch-free.
- Other features
- The black model is marked with serial numbers starting with 0000001, while the silver model starts with 1000001. The lens also features an aperture ring to make best use of the range of functions featured in K-mount film-format cameras.
|HD PENTAX-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited|
Equivalent to 66mm in 35mm format
(when attached to PENTAX APS-C size DSLR cameras)
|Lens Construction||7 elements in 6 groups|
|Angle of View (Diagonal)||53°(when attached to PENTAX 35mm full-frame SLR cameras)
36.5°(when attached to PENTAX APS-C size DSLR cameras)
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.45m (1.48 ft.)|
|Diaphragm Control||Fully automatic|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||8
Rounded diaphragm （43mm:F1.9-F3.5）
|Lens Hood||MH-RG49 (included)|
|Lens Cap||O-LW54A (included)|
|Lens Case||P60-120 (included)|
|Maximum Diameter x Length||approx. 64mm x 27mm (approx. 2.5in. x 1.1in.)|
|Weight||approx. 155g / with hood approx. 163g
(approx. 5.5oz./ with hood approx. 5.7oz.)
|Humidity||85% or less (no condensation)|
|Included Accessories||Lens Hood MH-RG49, Lens Cap O-LW54A, Lens Mount Cap K, Lens Case P60-120|
SP (Super Protect) Coating
Aperture: F5.6, Shutter speed: 1/160sec, Exposure compensation: -0.7EV, Focal length: 43.0mm, White balance: Auto, ISO sensitivity: 200, Finishing touch/Custom image: Bright, Captured by PENTAX K-1 Mark II
Aperture: F8.0, Shutter speed: 1/2000sec, Exposure compensation: 0EV, Focal length: 43.0mm, White balance: Auto, ISO sensitivity: 200, Finishing touch/Custom image: Bright, Captured by PENTAX K-1 Mark II
Aperture: F1.9, Shutter speed: 1/640sec, Exposure compensation: 0EV, Focal length: 43.0mm, White balance: Auto, ISO sensitivity: 100, Finishing touch/Custom image: Portrait, Captured by PENTAX K-1 Mark II